In addition, the following additional terms may apply to your use of the Site and form part of these terms:
Information about us
The Site is operated by Beano Studios Limited (we, us and our). We are a limited company registered in England. Our registered company number is 10054526 and our registered office is at 185 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2HS. You can contact us using the link below. Our VAT registration number is GB927167212.
About these Terms
By using the Site you agree these terms (even if they are updated) will apply to you. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not use the Site.
We may change these terms from time to time. We will also change the terms if we make any material changes to the Site. If we change the terms: 1) we will post a new version of the terms on the Site and make it clear on the Site that the terms have been updated 2) you will need to keep an eye on the Site for updated terms, as we don’t have another way to tell you about this.
Age Restrictions and Site Information
This website is an ecommerce site and therefore is only for use by adults aged 16 or over.
Although you may be able to register as a user of our Site if you are under 16, please note that we do not sell Subscriptions or Products to under 16s. All Subscriptions or Products must be purchased by an adult of 16 or over using their own account details.
Your personal information
Access to the Site
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical requirements to enable you to access and use the Site and that your system works with the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
We cannot promise that the Site will always work or that it won’t have errors in it. Access to the Site is allowed on a temporary basis and we may remove, change or stop the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party if the Site is not available or if we change, stop or remove the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site at any time no matter for how long.
This Site is controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom and is intended for people who live in the United Kingdom and we do not promise that anything contained on the Site is appropriate for any other country.
What you are allowed to do
The Site is only for personal use. As long as users follow the “what you are not allowed to do” section below, users may use, share and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and store such pages on their device.
Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be shown to you before you access the relevant features, parts or content.
What you are not allowed to do
Again, this Site is only for personal use. It is not for business or commercial use, apart from our handpicked advertisers who we allow to display their advertisements on the Site. This means that you cannot use the Site to make a profit:
- use the Site other than to browse it and where the Site permits this, to upload content;
- collect or gather from the Site information that identifies someone else;
- remove or change any legal notices or other content of the Site or try to get around security or get in the way of the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use the Site to send any unwanted or unauthorised advertising or spam mail;
- use the Site to deliberately send or upload any data or material that contains anything which harms computer software or hardware, including viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site or get around, put out of action or otherwise get in the way of our security-related features;
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent (we may, without notice, remove any permission we have given to you to link to our Site);
- change, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Site or parts of the Site or create new works from using materials from the Site;
- use the Site for any business, commercial or public purpose.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our group companies and affiliates.
Ownership and Use
You agree that we are the owner or licensee (meaning someone else owns it but we are using it) of all intellectual property rights in the Site and any content on the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) (let’s call this Our Content).
We need to be careful how Our Content is used. This means that (unless specifically allowed on the Site or in these Terms) you must not:
- copy Our Content without our permission;
- change in any way the paper or digital copies of Our Content which been printed off or downloaded from the Site
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio files or any graphics in Our Content separately from any text that goes with it.
If you share, print off, copy or store Our Content you must make sure that any legal notices (like copyright, trade mark or other author or owner “credits”) from the original version of Our Content are still included on any material shared, printed out or stored by you.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site is true, you should not rely on such information. You should check with the relevant person giving you the information before acting on any such information.
Cyber Monday - 20% Off Everything*
Enter code CYBER20 at checkout. Offer ends 23:59 2nd December 2020. *Excludes comic subscription purchases. Excludes delivery costs. Cannot be used in conjunction with another offer code.
Red & Black Friday - 25% Off Everything*
Enter code BLACK25 at checkout. Offer ends midnight 29th November 2020. *Excludes comic subscription purchases. Excludes delivery costs. Cannot be used in conjunction with another offer code.
External links and banners
The Site may, from time to time, include links to third party sites and banner advertising, which may or may not be obvious. We have included links to these sites to provide access to information and services that users may find useful or interesting but we do not accept responsibility for their content nor for their compliance with any laws and regulations. We have no control over the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not promise that they will be continuously available.
We accept no responsibility for these sites or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such sites does not mean any approval or endorsement of or association with their operators.
Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude our liability to you for: 1) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or 2) if we misrepresent things to you fraudulently and/or 3) for anything else that we have to be liable for under English law.
To the extent legally possible:
- We will not compensate you (nor shall we be responsible to you) for loss of anticipated savings, data, wasted time, losses that are not directly caused by us or for any loss of profit, revenue, contracts, reputation or other similar losses whether directly or indirectly incurred.
- We are not responsible for any dealings you have with third parties that take place using our Site unless specifically agreed elsewhere in our terms.
- We are not liable or responsible for links to other sites and resources which take you out or off the Site.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage which happens as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of the Site.
- We are not responsible for any changes made to the content of the Site by other people we have not asked to change the Site.
We cannot and do not promise that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements and cannot accept any responsibility for the same. It is your responsibility to have the correct security (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements around safety and reliability of content. Any software is downloaded at your own risk.
English law is the only law that applies to these terms and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any court that can hear the dispute.
If you require any information to be provided in an alternative format, for accessibility reasons, we will be happy to discuss your requirements and endeavour to provide a suitable alternative.
If you wish to complain or any have questions about anything on the Site please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our Site.
Last updated: September 2016 © Beano Studios Limited 2016